23 January 2012

Lack of privacy

Wow.

I don't order pizza that often, but when I do, it (was) often from Pizza Hut.

However, I went to the site today, and they've redesigned their site.  In order to navigate it at all (not just place an order), you are required to set up an account.  For example, if I knew I wanted pizza, but didn't know where from, I'd have to set up an account with all my personal information just to see what they offer and how much it costs.

Even worse, I went to send in a comment.  In order to make a comment, required information includes your first and last name, your full address, your phone number, and your email address.  The only reason I then decided to make a comment after all is because I've ordered from there, they already know who I am, and they might as well see whose business they're losing.

Because requiring all the information is bullshit.

If I merely wanted to see what they offered, I wouldn't bother setting up an account to find that out.  If I'd decided not to give them my business, why would I want them having all that personal information?  If I wanted to tell them so, why would I want them to have my email, phone, and address if I don't need to receive a follow-up?

Yes, I could send email to their customer service email, but why make it more difficult to not give all that information?  (Why is all that info compulsory?)

I left Facebook because I didn't like how they were creepy with regards to what they did with personal information.  I'm sure as hell not going to give all that and more to a pizza company just for the privilege of seeing what they offer or giving them some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment