22 November 2011

Zombies and Classic Literature

Anybody who hasn't read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is seriously missing out.  It takes a Jane Austen classic, and modifies it slightly to not only add zombie action, but to also make Lizzie a woman who today's women can relate to.  Somebody who stands up for herself and others, and is willing to fight people to the death for lack of honour.

I've read the aforementioned book several times, but just found an exciting-looking related book.  The Readers Unauthorized Guide to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  (Am I incorrect in thinking there should be an apostrophe at the end of "readers?")

Now I'm in the mood to re-read Max Brooks' World War Z:  An Oral History.

Can't blame anyone but myself when I get a week's worth of zombie dreams.  Oh well.


Updated: OMG, I just found The Zombie Survival Guide Journal.  I suppose it'd be viewed as unprofessional if I used it for work, but there are surely other uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment